We are open - safety is our top priority!
Help Your Smile Shine with Cosmetic Teeth Whitening in Falls Church
Dingy or discolored teeth can detract from the beauty of your smile and even make you appear older. If your smile has lost its gleam, it may be time to consider cosmetic teeth whitening. The procedure is fast, painless, effective, and more affordable than you might think. We offer several different professional whitening systems that help to remove many common dental stains and rejuvenate dingy teeth. Call today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
There are a number of reasons why we recommend patients opt for in-office teeth whitening over do-it-yourself alternatives:
- Our dentist will carefully monitor each step of the procedure to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- There is less chance for user error, inconsistent results, or complications.
- Our dentists use highly concentrated whitening gels, so you get dramatic results right away.
- Our professional whitening process provides long-term results that cannot be achieved using DIY options.
How Do I Know If I Am a Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Before recommending a whitening treatment, our dentist will examine your teeth to identify the underlying cause of your discoloration and reduce the likelihood of any unexpected results. Our teeth whitening systems work well on many common dental stains, such as those caused by smoking or foods and beverages.
The whitening procedure is not recommended for discoloration caused by underlying problems with the tooth structure, such as decay or defective fillings, or for stains caused by tetracycline or other medications. The whitening process will not alter the color of veneers, crowns, and other dental restorations. Many of our patients choose to replace their restorations following the whitening procedure so that they match their natural teeth. Schedule a consultation today to find out if our dental whitening procedures are right for you.
Do You Offer Teeth Whitening Products for Home Use?
It is possible to get professional results using our at-home teeth whitening kits. Unlike over-the-counter whitening products, our at-home whitening kits are created specifically for you by our dentist based on your unique dental needs. Each kit comes with custom-fitted whitening trays, professional-grade whitening gels, and easy-to-follow instructions. In many cases, it is possible to lighten teeth up to six shades in as little as two weeks by wearing the trays for an hour a day.
Is Cosmetic Teeth Whitening Expensive?
Your final teeth bleaching cost is determined by several factors, including:
- The type of bleaching system used
- The number of treatments required
- Whether you need additional procedures to correct underlying dental issues or correct the color of dental restorations
We will provide you with an estimate of your cost and discuss payment options once our dentist has assessed your unique dental needs.
Is There a Difference Between Professional and DIY Teeth Whitening?
We see patients every day who have used the do-it-yourself teeth whitening systems available at retail stores and are unhappy with the results. Over-the-counter whitening trays, gels, toothpastes, rinses, and strips work well when you need a quick touch-up and don’t have time for a professional treatment. These products lighten teeth temporarily by removing superficial stains. Unlike professional-grade systems, they are not powerful enough to remove deep stains to create a dramatically brighter smile. There is also the risk of user error, which can lead to inconsistent results or gum irritation.
What Can I Expect When Visiting a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
Your dentist will explain the exact steps involved in your whitening procedure once you have selected the most appropriate system for your needs. In general, the teeth whitening process involves the following steps:
We start by examining and cleaning your teeth and taking photos, which we will use to track the progress of your treatment.
- The dentist will expose the teeth by placing a cheek retractor in your mouth. This is completely painless, so there is no need to worry.
- We apply a protective liquid to your gums so that they do not become irritated by the whitening gel.
- The dentist then applies several coats of whitening gel to your teeth. Each coat is allowed to sit for a short time before being removed.
- Depending on the whitening system used, the dentist may activate the gel using a special light.
- Throughout the process, the dentist will monitor the color changes and determine if additional coats of gel or other treatments are necessary to achieve the desired results.
How Can I Arrange a Consultation for Teeth Whitening in Falls Church?
If you are looking for a teeth bleaching dentist to perform power whitening or a professional-strength system for teeth whitening at home, we can help. Call today to learn more about our cosmetic teeth whitening services or to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable dental professionals.