Dental Implants in Falls Church, VA
Among the millions of people who have lost teeth due to gum disease, tooth decay or other causes, many are great candidates for beautiful, natural-looking dental implants. If you have a few unsightly gaps in your smile, getting dental implants in Falls Church may be a perfect way to restore your confidence. Here are a few helpful facts about the implant procedure.
Basic Facts About Dental Implants
Dental implants are surgically implanted devices that replace the function of missing tooth roots. Dental implant surgery creates a stable foundation for replacement crowns that resemble your natural teeth. The dental implants procedure involves placement of either an endosteal implant, which is inserted directly into the jawbone, or a subperiosteal implant, which is placed under gum tissue but above the bone. Subperiosteal implants are often a viable option for people who don’t have adequate healthy bone tissue to support an endosteal implant and are not a candidate for a bone graft.
How Much Should I Expect a Dental Implant to Cost?
In general, dental implants cost slightly more than dentures, bridges and other tooth restorations. Factors such as materials used to construct crowns and posts, the need for additional surgery to prepare the jawbone, the type of implant placed, and dental implants insurance coverage affect the final cost of dental implants. While they can be more expensive, dental implants offer clear advantages over other options; these include a more natural appearance, a longer lifespan, improved chewing strength, and an impressive history of success. Millions of people have discovered that the long-term benefits of getting affordable dental implants are well worth the higher dental implants cost. To find out more about the cost of dental implants in Falls Church, contact our skilled providers to schedule a consultation.
Will Dental Insurance Pay for My Implant Procedure?
Typical dental insurance plans don’t cover the dental implants procedure because it is considered cosmetic dentistry. However, some carriers do offer dental implant insurance to help cover the expense. Dental implants’ cost should never come between you and your chance of perfecting your smile. We can help you get affordable dental implants through our flexible, convenient financing solutions. Instead of worrying about the cost of dental implants with insurance, contact us today to learn how we can help you with dental insurance implants financing.
Dental Implantation Procedure Steps
Curious about the process of dental implants? The endosteal dental implants procedure outlined below takes several months and is performed in stages. Subperiosteal dental implant procedure steps may be slightly different.
- The jawbone is prepared for the dental implants; bone grafts are performed if necessary.
- Metal implants are surgically placed into the prepared bone tissue.
- Any mild dental implant procedure pain is easily managed using local anesthetic and non-prescription oral medications.
- The dental implants remain in place for several months; during this time, they fuse with the bone to ensure stable support.
- An abutment or connecting piece is attached to each implant.
- Crowns that match your natural teeth are fixed onto the abutments. Your dental implants are now ready to function just like natural teeth.
What Types of Benefits Do Dental Implants Provide?
Getting dental implants in Falls Church could change your life. Consider the many dental implants benefits you could be enjoying.
- A gorgeous, youthful smile
- An increased sense of self-worth
- Simpler dental hygiene
- No more speaking difficulties
- The ability to eat your favorite foods again
- Better jaw and bite stability
- Less movement of natural teeth
To make dental implants part of your new and improved smile, contact one of our experienced dental implants providers today.
Taking Care of Dental Implants
Proper dental implant care after surgery is as important as it is easy. Here is a quick guide to caring for dental implants.
- After your procedure, manage minor discomfort with simple non-prescription pain relievers.
- When your surgical site is healed, you may care for your dental implants just as if they were natural teeth.
- Brush your implants and teeth, floss daily and use antibacterial mouthwash as your dentist recommends.
- Don’t miss your dental checkups. They allow your dentist to monitor the condition of your dental implants.
Am I a Possible Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you’ve lost one or more natural teeth but have enough healthy jawbone in place to support dental implants, you may be a perfect dental implant candidate. The only way to be certain that you are someone who needs dental implants is to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced implant dentists. A careful examination will reveal whether the dental implants procedure is right for you or another option is more suitable. If your dental plan doesn’t include dental implants insurance coverage, ask about our flexible financing options to learn how much your dental implants cost.
What Is the Usual Lifespan of an Implant?
Dental implant candidates should consider this: How long does a dental implant last? With proper hygiene and regular professional dental care, you can expect dental implants to keep your smile looking great for decades or even for a lifetime. Although implant type and location has some effect on longevity, how long dental implants last mostly depends on how you treat them. If you’re ready to discover the great benefits dental implants can provide, call us to schedule a consultation so that we can get started on your smile makeover.